Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows wiped Mac partition

Hi all,

I used boot camp to create a windows partition and it had been working fine. I wanted to add more space to the windows partition but I didn’t want to delete it and then size it to the way I wanted, so I partitioned the Mac side and then used it on the windows for more room, but it turns out when the Mac side was partitioned, all of the data seemed to be erased, leaving me stuck on the windows side. I tried booting into recovery mode but all I could open was the windows side. Also when I held down the option key it only showed the windows drive. When I tried reinstalling macOS the only option was to install it onto the bootcamp drive. Please help as I will be needing to use the Mac side asap.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 1:24 AM

Good news!

I managed to find a solution for the problem.

The disk that I needed to use to install a new version of macOS onto my computer was invisible but there. So I used terminal to locate it and then mount it with the right configurations. Hopefully this helps anyone else with a similar issue

Similar questions

6 replies

Windows wiped Mac partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.