Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edited Imovie won't export only the original version

Hi Community, I spliced and removed part of an original "movie" and am trying to save and export the edited version but every time I try and export it it is always the original video. I have even tried to just copy and paste that edited version into a new project and its still the original video! Im pulling my hair out of my head to say the least. The edited version is approx. 13 min 6 seconds while the other is 13 mins 36 sec. and I cant get the edited version to save and export. PLEASE HELP Also I spent all yesterday erasing everything and put all files and photos in the cloud so that I could use imovie because it said I needed to update to the newest 11.1 Big Sur or imovie wouldnt work and now this.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 8:36 AM

Hi, Floridagurl,

Try updating iMovie and then deleting preferences.

To delete preferences, To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 8:36 AM in response to Floridagurl

Hi, Floridagurl,

Try updating iMovie and then deleting preferences.

To delete preferences, To delete preferences, open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Jan 21, 2021 8:46 AM in response to Rich839

HI Rich,

Thanks for the reply. I had tried looking for an update to see if that was needed and I just went in again since you suggested and there is no update. I have the version 10.2.2 is there an update? Please tell me where to update. I also went in and checked preferences and it didnt seem there was anything to change per my issue but Ill go back in now and see If I can delete them as suggested, thank you for the explanation. Ill update if that worked.

Edited Imovie won't export only the original version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.