Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Back Up Two iPhones to Same Mac?

I have just bought a second iPhone. I now have an iPhone 11 and an iPhone SE.

1. How do I backup both phones to the same Mac? I don't want the new phone to overwrite the other one.
  2. How do I selectively sync different iCloud information between the two phones? Example: I want both to sync the same Contacts, etc. but not the same playlists of downloaded music (and I definitely don't want anything erased!)

Thank you for your help!

John

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 7:48 AM

Hi there John! 

We understand you would like to back up two devices to the same Mac as well as sync certain information between the two devices. We’d be glad to help.

When you back up each iPhone to your Mac, it will create a separate backup of each device’s data. The backup of both devices will be labeled by the name of each iPhone on your Mac. 

As far as syncing data with iCloud, you can select what data you would like to sync and what data you would not like to sync in the iCloud settings of each iPhone.

Change your iCloud feature settings

You can also choose which music you would like to redownload on each device using this:

Redownload music

We hope that helps! Take care. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 7:48 AM in response to TheRealJG

Hi there John! 

We understand you would like to back up two devices to the same Mac as well as sync certain information between the two devices. We’d be glad to help.

When you back up each iPhone to your Mac, it will create a separate backup of each device’s data. The backup of both devices will be labeled by the name of each iPhone on your Mac. 

As far as syncing data with iCloud, you can select what data you would like to sync and what data you would not like to sync in the iCloud settings of each iPhone.

Change your iCloud feature settings

You can also choose which music you would like to redownload on each device using this:

Redownload music

We hope that helps! Take care. 

How to Back Up Two iPhones to Same Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.