Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari ‘webpage using significant memory’

So I was watching some recorded Zoom lectures today for Uni, I went out for a walk and came back to the page on Safari telling me that the page was using significant memory.

I have a brand new MacBook Pro M1 with 8GB ram and 256 SSD. I wasn’t running loads of applications at the time (and to be honest, I would except a machine this new and especially with this new chip to be able to handle a light load such as Word, a mind map software and safari with a few tabs open quite well). When I saw this message I was quite annoyed because I wasn’t excepting this to pop up only having the MacBook for a over a week. Now, does this suggest an issue with RAM or is Safari just smart enough to stop websites for ‘hogging’ too much RAM and perhaps that’s what it was doing? If Safari is just being smart and there isn’t issues with my laptop then fine but if there’s already a problem with memory Apple really isn’t going to hear the end of it 🤣

MacBook

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 10:17 AM

This is not true. It simply means that a website is requesting more system resources than usual. It is completely normal and happens on all MacBooks, if a website is using a lot of resources. If you wish to avoid that error, use another browser such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome to browse that site.

Similar questions

3 replies

Safari ‘webpage using significant memory’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.