Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display problem - shows vertical black bar at all time. My MacOS is Big Sur 11.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 10:52 PM

Hey! Many 13 inch MacBook Pros experience this problem and Apple made a repair program. But unfortunately, there is not a repair program for 15 inch. If I were you, I would try to take your laptop to some local repair shop and let them check it. It is quite hard to tell if this problem is causes by the backlight issue, or it is some OS bug.

Matt

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 10:52 PM in response to saintchung

Hey! Many 13 inch MacBook Pros experience this problem and Apple made a repair program. But unfortunately, there is not a repair program for 15 inch. If I were you, I would try to take your laptop to some local repair shop and let them check it. It is quite hard to tell if this problem is causes by the backlight issue, or it is some OS bug.

Matt

Display problem - shows vertical black bar at all time. My MacOS is Big Sur 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.