Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHERE ARE MY PAGES TEMPLATES???????

When opening pages version 10.3.5 (7029.5.5) I do not see my templates anymore .

Yes, they are on their normal location ~/Bibliotek/Containers/com.apple.iWork.Pages/Data/Library/Application Support/User Templates

but this version of Pages suddenly does not find them.

WHERE can I reset the location, or at least make this version look for the templates in their default location?

I do not know if ANY Apple Tech Personel monitors these fora, help would be appreciated.

THIS IS URGENT I have work to do that can not wait.

Thank you.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 5:42 AM

In System Preferences > Language & Region panel, is Swedish the topmost (Preferred) language, or is it English? If this is the case, would reversing these entries change Pages ability to locate all of your custom templates? Fishing expedition as I do not know how to solve this issue yet.

Interesting that it finds a newly created template, but no prior examples, even though present in that template location. In the Finder, compare the newly created template permissions with any of those that Pages is not finding?

Also, you might consider moving the individual templates that Pages does not see to a Desktop folder. Then open each one and save as a template, and see if Pages can now recognize them on creating a new document. That is what we say in the U.S. is a pain in the a.. or (PITA).

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2021 5:42 AM in response to J.J. Leutscher

In System Preferences > Language & Region panel, is Swedish the topmost (Preferred) language, or is it English? If this is the case, would reversing these entries change Pages ability to locate all of your custom templates? Fishing expedition as I do not know how to solve this issue yet.

Interesting that it finds a newly created template, but no prior examples, even though present in that template location. In the Finder, compare the newly created template permissions with any of those that Pages is not finding?

Also, you might consider moving the individual templates that Pages does not see to a Desktop folder. Then open each one and save as a template, and see if Pages can now recognize them on creating a new document. That is what we say in the U.S. is a pain in the a.. or (PITA).

Jan 22, 2021 8:22 AM in response to J.J. Leutscher

I have upgraded two Macs here from Mojave to Big Sur 11.1, and installed Pages v10.3.5 at that time. Pages was subsequently updated from 10.3.5 to 10.3.9. When I launch Pages, on either Mac, it presents the template chooser and all of my templates are present.

What you have encountered is unique, and I have no prior experience other than the Preferences panel suggestion on how to resolve it. You can reboot your Mac into Safe Boot mode by holding the shift key immediately on the reboot, and until you see a customary progress bar. This will be slower than normal as some additional system processes are running.

Once you have signed into your user account, launch Pages again, and see if the template chooser appears. If it does, then reboot normally, and check again if a launch of Pages continues to display the template chooser. If it displays in Safe Boot mode, and not in a normal boot, then that raises the question of application interference such as running an anti-virus application, or something that may have damaged the Pages application.

Feb 8, 2021 4:10 AM in response to VikingOSX

Hi

I rebooted in Safemode and tried to launch Pages. The MacOs forced me to re download it from the App store. That doner I launched and there were NO TEMPLATES that I made before but one, an empty (see above.

This is a total mess.

What to do now? I have at least 10 templates with premade letters and several types of invoices. Takes me hours to reconstruct them.

How do I get Pages recognise my previous Temnplates?

Any Apple Tech that read these discussions?

Feb 8, 2021 4:47 AM in response to J.J. Leutscher

I find it strange that in your path, that Bibliotek replaces the customary Library container, but the second reference to Library in that path is unchanged. The path to my Pages v10.3.* templates:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.iWork.Pages/Data/Library/Application Support/User Templates

If you renamed ~/Library to ~/Bibliotek, I recommend that you change it back ~/Library. I do not have any non-English installations of macOS here to determine if those use local dialect names for these folders.

Have you looked in that User Templates folder to see if your other custom templates are there? If not, you could restore them from a Time Machine backup prior to the date they went missing.

Feb 8, 2021 5:10 AM in response to VikingOSX

Hi

I am running a Swedish system, MacOs replaces words. I did not rename anything in my System.

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.iWork.Pages/Data/Library/Application Support/User Templates

leads to the same folder as

~/Bibliotek/Containers/com.apple.iWork.Pages/Data/Library/Application Support/User Templates

Yes, ALL my previous Templates are present, but NOT visible in Template Chooser.

I just made a new template and it is also present, visible in Template Chooser and I can start working with it from within Pages.

But NONE of my previous Templates are visible in Template Chooser in Pages. And yes, they are readable/writable by me, the current user.

Feb 8, 2021 6:04 AM in response to VikingOSX

Hi VikingOSX

Also, you might consider moving the individual templates that Pages does not see to a Desktop folder. Then open each one and save as a template, and see if Pages can now recognize them on creating a new document. That is what we say in the U.S. is a pain in the a.. or (PITA)

This solved the PITA ;-)

It recognised the file as a Template, copied it to the TemplateFolder. And (!) I could open it now from within Pages.

Super, thank you.

take care

WHERE ARE MY PAGES TEMPLATES???????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.