Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to have the same Apple ID for all devices

Hi

I seem to have two Apple IDs

one for my iPad and Mac and one for my iPhone..Why? not sure tbh

so when I try to access my photos from my phone on iCloud using my

iPad,for example..I cannot

When I try to change my Apple ID on my phone to the same as other devices it says I cannot..I guess because it knows that emails address is already associated with another ID

So I want to have the same Apple ID for all three devices??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 4:30 AM

Geoffoffski Said:

"Apple ID...can: I seem to have two Apple IDs one for my iPad and Mac and one for my iPhone.. Why? not sure tbh so when I try to access my photos from my phone on iCloud using my iPad,for example..I cannot When I try to change my Apple ID on my phone to the same as other devices it says I cannot..I guess because it knows that emails address is already associated with another ID So I want to have the same Apple ID for all three devices??"

-------

Apple Accounts Can't be Merged:

As of this reply, Apple Accounts cannot be merged. That's just the way it is :(

I'd Stick with One Account:

So, if you have two separate Apple Accounts, just stick with one from here on out. If you log out of one of them, you have to wait up to 90 days to assign it to a new Apple Account. So, I'd stop purchasing things with one of these Apple Accounts, and just stick with one. As for the other, keep it or delete it (it's you call).

Provide Apple Feedback:

If you think that Apple Accounts should be merge-able, then inform Apple of this. Apple wont get back to you directly on this, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they'll know what suits their customers' needs and wants. Being there is no "General" feedback for the App Store, use iPhone feedback, as that is the device you are using.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Other" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 4:30 AM in response to Geoffoffski

Geoffoffski Said:

"Apple ID...can: I seem to have two Apple IDs one for my iPad and Mac and one for my iPhone.. Why? not sure tbh so when I try to access my photos from my phone on iCloud using my iPad,for example..I cannot When I try to change my Apple ID on my phone to the same as other devices it says I cannot..I guess because it knows that emails address is already associated with another ID So I want to have the same Apple ID for all three devices??"

-------

Apple Accounts Can't be Merged:

As of this reply, Apple Accounts cannot be merged. That's just the way it is :(

I'd Stick with One Account:

So, if you have two separate Apple Accounts, just stick with one from here on out. If you log out of one of them, you have to wait up to 90 days to assign it to a new Apple Account. So, I'd stop purchasing things with one of these Apple Accounts, and just stick with one. As for the other, keep it or delete it (it's you call).

Provide Apple Feedback:

If you think that Apple Accounts should be merge-able, then inform Apple of this. Apple wont get back to you directly on this, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they'll know what suits their customers' needs and wants. Being there is no "General" feedback for the App Store, use iPhone feedback, as that is the device you are using.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Other" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.

I want to have the same Apple ID for all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.