📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad panel distance from glass in pro versions (regarding apple pencil use)

With my 6th gen ipad theres one millimeter distance between the pencils tip and the “ink” when drawing. With some versions of pro ipad this distance is almost eliminated.

Is it in older versions of pro also, or only newer ones?

(I mostly use ipad for drawing, so I would like to switch to a model in which this “distance is eliminated” without needing to get the latest and greatest model.)

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 3:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 5:03 AM

The basic iPad model(s) do not have a laminated display - but instead have a separate cover-glass/digitiser and display panel, between which is a tiny air-gap that you have identified.

More expensive models of iPad use a fully laminated display - that “fuse” the various screen elements into a single screen component. The laminated display eliminates the gap.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 22, 2021 5:03 AM in response to satan64

The basic iPad model(s) do not have a laminated display - but instead have a separate cover-glass/digitiser and display panel, between which is a tiny air-gap that you have identified.

More expensive models of iPad use a fully laminated display - that “fuse” the various screen elements into a single screen component. The laminated display eliminates the gap.

Ipad panel distance from glass in pro versions (regarding apple pencil use)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.