Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Textbox on Pages

I have created a textbox which goes over two pages. I can see the text on the first page, but I cannot see it on the 2nd page.

You can see below the edges of where the textbox should be, but no text or outline?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 10:14 AM

Although it would appear that a Text box is spanning two pages, in reality, as a document object, its content cannot be split across a page boundary and is clipped. Keep the text box on a single page, and if you need the content to flow into another Text box on a different page, link the first text box to the second.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 10:14 AM in response to vmurphy1

Although it would appear that a Text box is spanning two pages, in reality, as a document object, its content cannot be split across a page boundary and is clipped. Keep the text box on a single page, and if you need the content to flow into another Text box on a different page, link the first text box to the second.

Jan 22, 2021 10:26 AM in response to vmurphy1

You'll need a separate text box for each page, linked together into what Pages calls a "thread". The text will then flow from the first to the second when you adjust the shapes.

First, drag the bottom of your existing text box to the bottom of the first page. Then draw a second text box on the second page.

Now click the white circle at the top of the first text box:

You should see a green circle with a figure 1 to indicate that this is the first box in the thread:

Now click the white circle at the top of the second text box. It too will turn green, with a white number 2, and the text will flow from box 1 to box 2.

There's more detail about linking text boxes if you search Help for "Link text boxes" 😯

Textbox on Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.