Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed backup

My phone cannot complete back up. What should I do?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 12:56 PM

Birizarry1 wrote:

My phone cannot complete back up. What should I do?

follow steps here If you can't back up to iCloud or restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

3 replies

Jan 27, 2021 8:38 PM in response to razmee209

Having this same problem and 'Support' pointing to the Backup Fails (general) site is myopic, and just shows how little correlation is done by these people. I am trying to update iPhone X to 14.4, routine next update due, and it fails after downloading & burning 6GB of Hotspot data(really 6GB for a phone seriously, you code is fat & buggy), failing on the backup step prior to downloading update to the phone. It is connected via USB of course. Another Big Fail Apple Team!

Jan 28, 2021 11:45 AM in response to cloudgt

cloudgt wrote:

Having this same problem and 'Support' pointing to the Backup Fails (general) site is myopic, and just shows how little correlation is done by these people. I am trying to update iPhone X to 14.4, routine next update due, and it fails after downloading & burning 6GB of Hotspot data(really 6GB for a phone seriously, you code is fat & buggy), failing on the backup step prior to downloading update to the phone. It is connected via USB of course. Another Big Fail Apple Team!

Backing up to icloud and updating the IOS are 2 different things.

You're phone needs to be connected to wifi and not hotspot in order to update over the air.

Failed backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.