Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad issue - Ipad disabled

I'm trying to get my old ipad working but it's still disabled. I spoke with Apple Support last weekend and I still can't get in. The instructions in the help center were followed, but I can't reset it.

serial # DY***KPH

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 3:52 PM

We’re not Apple. We’re other users.

You have already received the disabled-reset instructions from Apple.

Presumably these: If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

These instructions clearly did not work.

At most, we can suggest following the same official instructions.

Maybe trying a different Wi-Fi network, ensuring current iTunes or macOS patches, or the restore, and such.

But these are the same instructions that did not work.

Something is not quite right with this iPad, or with the reset sequence for this iPad.

Contact the folks at Apple Support again, and request further assistance.

This may well require you to bring the iPad in for Apple to (try to) reset, for instance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 3:52 PM in response to athenalasvegas

We’re not Apple. We’re other users.

You have already received the disabled-reset instructions from Apple.

Presumably these: If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

These instructions clearly did not work.

At most, we can suggest following the same official instructions.

Maybe trying a different Wi-Fi network, ensuring current iTunes or macOS patches, or the restore, and such.

But these are the same instructions that did not work.

Something is not quite right with this iPad, or with the reset sequence for this iPad.

Contact the folks at Apple Support again, and request further assistance.

This may well require you to bring the iPad in for Apple to (try to) reset, for instance.

Ipad issue - Ipad disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.