Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't share my imovie

It says can't share while using media from camera???? it's a sony video camera and I downloaded the media to imovie. I can't figure it out.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 10:42 AM

You will get that error message when the camera or video card was unplugged before the import was completed. You can try reimporting and waiting longer for the import to complete before shutting down the camera and disconnecting. If you reimport, I am not certain whether your previous edits will be preserved. So you might try reimporting just one short clip as a test.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 10:42 AM in response to patriciafrompalmdale

You will get that error message when the camera or video card was unplugged before the import was completed. You can try reimporting and waiting longer for the import to complete before shutting down the camera and disconnecting. If you reimport, I am not certain whether your previous edits will be preserved. So you might try reimporting just one short clip as a test.

-- Rich

can't share my imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.