Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An unknown error occurred when sign into iMessage with AppleID on MacBookPro

An unknown error occurred when sign into iMessage with AppleID on MacBookPro.

I tried to login iMessage on my MacBookPro, it always shows "An unknown error occurred." in red, instead of saying any specific error.

To fix this, I tried:

• Clear NVRAM, with "option+command+P+R"
  • Login with SafeMode and try to sign in
  • Create new admin account and try with it
  • /Library/KeyChains/ folders, like named "814E44B0-96E8-5BEB-9B06-135D97C8FE4B" and re-login

Also I tried after 40hrs again, but still can't sign in.

I appreciate your help!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 5:12 AM

I contacted the support.

Had 4 chats, because everybody couldn't resolve the issue and transferred the chat to another advisor.

They tried best, but not resolved yet.

Finally I was suggested to have a phone support with their engineering teams.

• I can use iMessage on my iPhone with my Apple ID - this means my Apple ID is ok, but I can't use iMessage on my macBookPro.
  • I can access to my apple account on my macBook - it means that my network is ok.

Any suggestion or help?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 5:12 AM in response to Matthew.S81

I contacted the support.

Had 4 chats, because everybody couldn't resolve the issue and transferred the chat to another advisor.

They tried best, but not resolved yet.

Finally I was suggested to have a phone support with their engineering teams.

• I can use iMessage on my iPhone with my Apple ID - this means my Apple ID is ok, but I can't use iMessage on my macBookPro.
  • I can access to my apple account on my macBook - it means that my network is ok.

Any suggestion or help?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Jan 25, 2021 11:47 AM in response to min_cui_bear

Hi min_cui_bear,

We understand you're not able to sign in to iMessage. We recommend the following article that can offer additional guidance:

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

If the issue remains, we want to ensure you get to the right team if needed. We recommend that you reach out to Apple Support directly. Get help where you are. Choose a product and we’ll connect you to an expert by phone, chat, email, and more. Please reach out here:

Get Support

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

An unknown error occurred when sign into iMessage with AppleID on MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.