Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wither photos taken in Magnifier?

I've been using Magnifier for well over a year and have taught it to several others in the retirement community where I live. IMHO it should be available by default. Old folks aren't inclined to go searching through settings immediately after they've acquired an iPhone.

When I take a photo using Magnifier, where does the image go? It is not in Camera. It is not in Photos. Is it lost? Is there a way to save it?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 10:08 AM

Magnifier is available by default. All you have to do is flip a switch in Settings > Control Center

When you take a capture in Magnifier, there is not a way to make them automatically save to your photos.

If you want to save one of these captures, you can press the share icon in the capture (up arrow coming out of a box) and select Save Image

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 10:08 AM in response to Gil Woolley

Magnifier is available by default. All you have to do is flip a switch in Settings > Control Center

When you take a capture in Magnifier, there is not a way to make them automatically save to your photos.

If you want to save one of these captures, you can press the share icon in the capture (up arrow coming out of a box) and select Save Image

Jan 23, 2021 11:31 AM in response to Gil Woolley

I understand where you're coming from..

I just don't really think it's realistic to expect Apple to customize phone settings based on someone's age.

I kinda breeze thru my iPhone setup, so I don't recall what all it asks..

I suppose there could be some sort of prompt during setup that asks if you need certain accessibility functions and then have some sort of a default template of stuff to enable. Probably sounds a lot easier than it would be though since everyone has different needs.

You can certainly send feedback to Apple if you like using the link below (click on the blue text)

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

It's good that you are there to help them figure out some of the features they didn't know how to use!

Jan 23, 2021 11:56 AM in response to Gil Woolley

that is great that you are 83 and working with the latest technology..

and also good that you have your fall back options of asking your younger family members for help!

Have you looked into other accessibility features that the iPhone offers?

here is a good launch point for looking into all the options..

Get started with accessibility features on iPhone - Apple Support

I'm 'young' so I don't really use these types of features..

but there are functions that can magnify your screen as well.

Do you have trouble reading things on your phone?

If you go to Settings > Accessibility > Zoom and turn on the switch, you can zoom in on the screen by double tapping with 3 fingers. You can change it so that it uses a re-sizeable window or the entire screen. There are gestures you can use to change the zoom level, or I find it easiest to triple tap with 3 fingers and it'll bring up a menu for you where you can apply a filter to improve contrast, change the zoom with a slider etc.

Jan 23, 2021 11:21 AM in response to Chris0107

Retirement home means that the average age here is about 82. 1/3 of the folks living here are over 90. 10 are over 100. We are just as annoyed at sheltering-in-place, wearing masks, and anxious to go to restaurants as the rest of the world. But, we grew up with party line telephones, small pox vaccination scars on our upper left arms, AM radios. We were not given a smart phone to play with in infancy. We can't just go out and buy an iPhone and instantly know how to adjust Settings.

And our eyesight is weaker than it used to be. When I show someone how to turn on the Magnifier, they are delighted. That makes this device even more useful. If you don't want to turn on Magnifier by default when it leaves the factory, then ask the age of the owner and turn it on without going to settings if the age is over 65 years old. Hire some really old people to work with the design team and notice how they react to an iPhone.

Jan 23, 2021 11:43 AM in response to Chris0107

I'm one of them. My wife and I are 83. I'm an engineer and had to both create and adapt to technology through my working career. My wife is not at all grounded in technology. She turns to me for help with a wonderful sad dog look in her face when she is frustrated with her iPhone or iPad. But I still get flummoxed when things go wrong. I'll occasionally have to email or message one of my three smart granddaughters for help when something goes wrong. And, they respond almost right away even if they are in class!

Wither photos taken in Magnifier?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.