Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing Questions

I have family sharing set up. One family member needs to change the email address they use to log into their AppleID. Will that remove them from the family sharing group?

Is there a way to have family members pay for their own content vs. using the family organizer’s credit card? There doesn’t seem to be controls per family member. It’s just everyone uses the same settings.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 11:31 AM

If they change the email address of the existing Apple ID, it shouldn't affect anything. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Have them buy/redeem Apple Gift cards to the account. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

Apple Card   

Gift cards redeem.    

Gift Card - can’t redeem.    

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 11:31 AM in response to poulsons

If they change the email address of the existing Apple ID, it shouldn't affect anything. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Have them buy/redeem Apple Gift cards to the account. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

Apple Card   

Gift cards redeem.    

Gift Card - can’t redeem.    

Family Sharing Questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.