Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacMini and LG32UK550 Display - Screen is shifting left and up and no volume control

I connected my new Mac MIni M1 to a 32" LG 32UK550 Display with a resolution of 3840x2160 with the HDMI cable provided with the monitor.

In the "about this Mac" window the display is wrongly recognized as: LG HDR 4K (27").

Problem 1

When moving the pointer to the bottom of the screen, to the edge, the screen content moves up about 3-5 Pixels (It cuts off the top of the text of the menu bar). When moving the pointer to the right edge of the screen, the screen content moves to the left about 3-5 Pixels.

The problem occurs in all screen resolutions. Also it the standard resolution which is wrongly set by the system.

Problem 2

It is possible to set the volume of the sound effects on the keyboard and in the system settings.

But: It is NOT possible to set the volume of sound output when using the monitors speakers. It is impossible to move the slider in the system settings (Output) and impossible to use the keyboard.

I send feedback to Apple but would appreciate some advice.

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 11:29 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 23, 2021 9:36 PM in response to dr. meguro

Additional Information

Problem 3

Brightness of the monitor cannot be set with the keyboard. I had to set the brightness on the monitor. This is not such a big problem, as Datacolor Spyder X recommended to set the monitors brightness at about 67% in my room with ambient light at "very high" according to Spyder.

4 Color Calibration

Out of the box the LG Monitor displays oversaturated, bright reds. After calibration with Spyder X everything is perfect: Adobe RGB 89% (mostly due to missing greens) and P3 at 97%. Very good grey conformity. So in this respect, the monitor is great!

Links to LG: https://www.lg.com/de/monitore/lg-32UK550-

M1 MacMini and LG32UK550 Display - Screen is shifting left and up and no volume control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.