Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim not supported

Why does my iPhone 6s Plus say sim is not supported when I went to metro and bought a new SIM card and every time I enter it that’s what I’m getting ? I’m honestly not understanding it tho because my sister gave me the phone and she just had it on through metro and then she deactivated it the same day she gave it to me the next day I went a bought me a new SIM card from metro and made a account but my iPhone just won’t read the sim .

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 1:15 PM

If this phone was originally "locked" to Metro cellular service, you will need to work them to get this new SIM card activated. Apple will not be able to help you with this.

It is also possible that your newly activated account with Metro is not actually up yet. Again, you will need to talk to them. I'm surprised that they didn't check when you had this phone with them ... unless, of course, you did this all online.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 1:15 PM in response to Haleynicole2121

If this phone was originally "locked" to Metro cellular service, you will need to work them to get this new SIM card activated. Apple will not be able to help you with this.

It is also possible that your newly activated account with Metro is not actually up yet. Again, you will need to talk to them. I'm surprised that they didn't check when you had this phone with them ... unless, of course, you did this all online.

Sim not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.