Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete photo from my iPad and keep in icloud photos and later access them from iPad?

How can I delete photo from my iPad and keep in icloud photos and later access them from iPad?

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 2:27 AM

You don't, sorry.

Using iCloud Photos, if you delete pictures from your device you delete them from iCloud too (and viceversa).

If you need more storage on your iPad, I suggest that you save ALL your pictures using this procedure:--> Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

When your pictures/other info are safely stored on your computer, you can delete whatever you want.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 2:27 AM in response to Brendanlwalsh

You don't, sorry.

Using iCloud Photos, if you delete pictures from your device you delete them from iCloud too (and viceversa).

If you need more storage on your iPad, I suggest that you save ALL your pictures using this procedure:--> Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

When your pictures/other info are safely stored on your computer, you can delete whatever you want.

Regards

Giulio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.