Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 14.0.2 showing my website with bright green colour

Hi I have just upgraded my MBA to Big Sur and, using Safari to look at one of my websites, the text has a bright green background colour added. Chrome on the same machine works fine. Safari 14.0.2 on Catalina and on iPhone etc also work fine. Please see the screenshots for what I mean. I have scratched my head and searched for a solution but can find nothing. Help and thanks in advance!!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 6:23 AM

Think I have solved this. There may be a problem with loading the repeated background image used for this site. Safari on Big Sur uses the bright green colour instead even though the background colour is specified as #FFF. Not sure why. May have worked on other browsers because image was cached, although in fact there seems to be nothing wrong with the image. It is however 1 pixel high (and set to repeat-y on the page). Perhaps that's the problem. Anyway, I have replaced the image and things seem to be working now. Thanks for reading this (if you have!!)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 6:23 AM in response to torwalker

Think I have solved this. There may be a problem with loading the repeated background image used for this site. Safari on Big Sur uses the bright green colour instead even though the background colour is specified as #FFF. Not sure why. May have worked on other browsers because image was cached, although in fact there seems to be nothing wrong with the image. It is however 1 pixel high (and set to repeat-y on the page). Perhaps that's the problem. Anyway, I have replaced the image and things seem to be working now. Thanks for reading this (if you have!!)

Safari 14.0.2 showing my website with bright green colour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.