Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t my family watch movies that I purchased even though I have family sharing ?

I have subscribed to family sharing, but my family can’t watch movies that I have purchased on apple tv ?

iPhone XR, 14

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 3:58 AM

Family Sharing has Purchase Sharing as an optional setting. When that option is activated then the other family group members can access each other’s purchases. Purchase Sharing requires that the family organizer gets the bills for all family purchases. (Rented movies are not shareable, it has to be purchased content.)

Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

If you don't see your family's shared content - Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 3:58 AM in response to dawid180

Family Sharing has Purchase Sharing as an optional setting. When that option is activated then the other family group members can access each other’s purchases. Purchase Sharing requires that the family organizer gets the bills for all family purchases. (Rented movies are not shareable, it has to be purchased content.)

Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

If you don't see your family's shared content - Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

Why can’t my family watch movies that I purchased even though I have family sharing ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.