You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im wondering if do i need to turn off my ipad when not in use with magic keyboard? Or i just need to close and it automatically turns off?

Im wondering if do i need to turn off my ipad when not in use with magic keyboard? Or i just need to close and it automatically turns off? Thank you

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 4:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 4:26 PM

Your iPad should automatically enter its low power “sleep” state after a being idle for a short period. Unless setting aside your iPad for an extended period (many days), there is little benefit in a complete shut-down of the device.

2 replies

Im wondering if do i need to turn off my ipad when not in use with magic keyboard? Or i just need to close and it automatically turns off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.