Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerBeatsPro right side headphone is getting drained

Hi Apple Team,

I never got any issue with my beatsPro until the last iPhone upgrade(afaik). For a couple of months, I am facing this weird problem where my right side headphone battery is totally drained out in spite of a fully charged case. Initially, I thought maybe I am not keeping the right headphone properly causing them not to be charged.

I troubleshoot below

• I make sure after my workout they are cleaned and placed properly in the case as I notice most of the time charging sign is missing.
  • I make sure from the iPhone, that they are getting charged (UI interface pops up when you open the case).
  • I also disconnected my beats from the phone thinking battery might be drained due to continuous sync.

This makes me believe that something is really bad at the firmware level. It is frustrating every day and has to spend around 15-20 min before a workout to make sure they get charged.

We buy an apple product for the trust, quality, and peace of mind. Please help me out here.

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 8:17 AM

Hi MoonJ

I already did all the required troubleshooting a million times.

This is something very specific to the right side headphone.

I have seen right-side headphone doesn't charge when the case is closed and get drained.

5 replies

Jan 26, 2021 11:47 AM in response to Gsajwan

Hello Gsajwan,

Thanks for the additional information and for letting us know you already tried the steps we suggested. Are your Beats paired with an iOS device? "If you paired your Beats wireless headphones or earphones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, your Beats will update automatically. "We want to rule out any firmware issues. In case your iOS device is not fully updated, please back up your iOS device to secure your data before you update.

The resources below can help:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update the firmware of your Beats product

If the steps above don't help, reach out for additional support here: Get Support

Take care.

Jan 26, 2021 6:40 AM in response to Gsajwan

Hello Gsajwan,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble with your Powerbeats Pro. Looks like the right side headphone has battery issues, the battery drains completely. We're happy to help. Have you tried resetting your Beats? A reset can help with power and audio issues.

Check out the following support articles:

Charge your Powerbeats Pro

Reset your Beats earphones

Cheers!

PowerBeatsPro right side headphone is getting drained

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.