Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay

My Panasonic smart tv will only play audio and not the video when I use AirPlay to connect. I bought an Earlcast dongle which it picks up on my iOS devices. I am trying to stream from my Apple TV app on my iPhone or iPad to Tv. If it’s playing the audio it’s clearly got a connection so why is it not playing the video? Is it a compatibility issue? Or am I confusing the TV with the dongle ? Thanks

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 6:15 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Hbart112!

We understand you're trying to AirPlay video from the Apple TV app on your iPhone to your smart TV. We'd be happy to provide information on why this may not be working.

Only certain devices can play the content on Apple TV+. This page describes the devices that can view it and AirPlay to a dongle and your smart TV brand are not among the options: All the ways to watch Apple TV+ and more

We hope this clears things up.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 6:15 PM in response to Hbart112

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Hbart112!

We understand you're trying to AirPlay video from the Apple TV app on your iPhone to your smart TV. We'd be happy to provide information on why this may not be working.

Only certain devices can play the content on Apple TV+. This page describes the devices that can view it and AirPlay to a dongle and your smart TV brand are not among the options: All the ways to watch Apple TV+ and more

We hope this clears things up.

Have a great day!

AirPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.