Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MackBook Pro 13 2020 M1 Light Bleed Screen Edge

My MBP 13 2020 M1 has a light bleed of around 5mm in the top left corner of the display (it's the third from the top on the image below, the camera captured more, but I can see only this one). It's invisible in the daylight and doesn't bother at all. However, when using in the dark that part is clearly visible. My MBP is less than a month. Should I be worried or should I just ignore it — is it a common problem or not?

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 9:15 AM

3 replies

Jan 26, 2021 2:23 PM in response to mbpm1

Hi mbpm1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with your new MacBook Pro. We'd like to help.

Do you notice this issue when in safe mode, when logged into a test user, or in macOS Recovery? If you're not sure, follow these steps to try and isolate this issue:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Use macOS Recovery on a Mac with Apple silicon

Let us know how that goes.

Take care!

Jan 28, 2021 8:08 AM in response to mbpm1

Hey mbpm1,

While it's possible this is a hardware issue, it's tough to determine if what you're seeing is acceptable or not from our end.

The steps we provided initially, can help determine if this is more related to a hardware component. When booting into safe mode, it will prevent your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. This is a good isolating step to help rule out possible software related causes.

When logging into a new user account, this can help us determine if the issue is seen from all users, making it a system-wide issue. Do you notice if the said bleed stays the same, or changes in size/character by any mean?

Most importantly, if you boot into macOS Recovery, and the display concern is still seen while in recovery mode, then it is likely hardware-related. For that, we would recommend reaching out to Apple Support directly, to discuss options to get your Mac inspected in-person and serviced if needed: Contact Apple Support

Hope that helps.

MackBook Pro 13 2020 M1 Light Bleed Screen Edge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.