Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie photo bulk import...

Hi... I’m attempting to drag a whole album into an iMovie project on MacBook Pro Big Sur. When I use Cmd A to highlight and then drag whole album down to timeline, all pictures transfer over but then vanish back to album. Performing this function with 100 each time works fine, but it’s a chore having to do this, as there are over 600 files in the album. Does anyone know the reason for the files not sticking to the timeline? Once I’ve imported all photos I want to use a podcast episode as a soundtrack to the slideshow, is this possible? Many thanks :), I’m brand new to Mac OS

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 10:12 AM

As i recall, Photos app albums cannot be imported into iMovie as albums. Open the album and do an Edit/Select All of the contents and then drag the album's contents into iMovie. You should be able to do all 600 photos at once.

I've not worked with podcasts, and so not familiar with their structure. I think that you would need to create an audio file from the podcast and then drag the audio file into iMovie.

-- Rich

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 10:12 AM in response to gabs888

As i recall, Photos app albums cannot be imported into iMovie as albums. Open the album and do an Edit/Select All of the contents and then drag the album's contents into iMovie. You should be able to do all 600 photos at once.

I've not worked with podcasts, and so not familiar with their structure. I think that you would need to create an audio file from the podcast and then drag the audio file into iMovie.

-- Rich

iMovie photo bulk import...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.