Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the name of my email address??

My email currently has my first name and my maiden last name - I want to update it to reflect my new last name. How do I change that? Or is that even possible?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 11:26 AM

Genyliz73 Said:

"How do I change the name of my email address??: My email currently has my first name and my maiden last name - I want to update it to reflect my new last name. How do I change that? Or is that even possible?"

-------

Contact your eMail Provider:

More than likely, you'd have to create a new eMail address, and then export and import the eMail, out of and then into, the old eMail account and the new eMail account, respectively. You'd inform whomever about the change.

If for iCloud, then contact Apple Support:

Apple Support will see what is going on, and will run you through the fix.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 11:26 AM in response to Genyliz73

Genyliz73 Said:

"How do I change the name of my email address??: My email currently has my first name and my maiden last name - I want to update it to reflect my new last name. How do I change that? Or is that even possible?"

-------

Contact your eMail Provider:

More than likely, you'd have to create a new eMail address, and then export and import the eMail, out of and then into, the old eMail account and the new eMail account, respectively. You'd inform whomever about the change.

If for iCloud, then contact Apple Support:

Apple Support will see what is going on, and will run you through the fix.

How do I change the name of my email address??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.