Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hey i am trying to resent a iphone my uncle gave me and we do not know the password what do i do

how do i reset my iphone 6s without a sim card with a password i can not figure out

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 11:40 AM

You do not need a SIM card to reset the iPhone, but you will need one to activate it again after it's been reset. The SIM card does not need to have active service on it. It can even be one from a different iPhone if you want, and you can remove it once it's been activated.

To actually restore it without the passcode follow thew steps here: link-> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

You will need to know the Apple ID and Password used for iCloud if it has Find My iPhone turned on, once the reset is complete to set it up again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 11:40 AM in response to mantiwalk777

You do not need a SIM card to reset the iPhone, but you will need one to activate it again after it's been reset. The SIM card does not need to have active service on it. It can even be one from a different iPhone if you want, and you can remove it once it's been activated.

To actually restore it without the passcode follow thew steps here: link-> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

You will need to know the Apple ID and Password used for iCloud if it has Find My iPhone turned on, once the reset is complete to set it up again.

hey i am trying to resent a iphone my uncle gave me and we do not know the password what do i do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.