Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Analog head phones not working with ipad air 2020 (4th.gen.)

I just got a IPad Air 4th generation, which only have a USB-C port. Audio is only delivery in Digital Format through this port. So I need a an adapter from USB-C to 3,5mm Jack which have a DAC (Digital to Analog chip). But all the adapters that I find on Amazon only specify that they work with IPad Pro (I’m located in Colombia, so best to buy on Amazon). Anyone that can recommend a product? I have a Bose Noice cancelling headphone that still is among the best and perfect when flying, so not ready to move to Bluetooth air-buds quite yet. Thanks for any good tips!!

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply
5 replies

Jan 24, 2021 12:19 PM in response to ProustGiulio

Hello, and thanks for quick reply. I have one like that, did not buy it in appstore, it is a inexpensive brand, but does not work. Maybe the one from apple works, but I have gathered is that it need to be a adapter that converts from digital signal to analog signal. Do you actually use this product with a Ipad Air 4th. generation? Thanks

Analog head phones not working with ipad air 2020 (4th.gen.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.