Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo redirect on safari MacBook Air

My safari browser is bugged, keeps searching on yahoo instead of what I preferred, Google. Couldn't help bothering it and started using Google Chrome.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 5:31 PM

_Jjfjjf Said:

"Yahoo redirect on safari MacBook Air: My safari browser is bugged, keeps searching on yahoo instead of what I preferred, Google. Couldn't help bothering it and started using Google Chrome."

-------

MalwareBytes for Mac:

This is software that searches for malware/adware (malicious software). So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. It is created by longtime users of these forums. So, that is why it is the only trustworthy and reliable way to go about securing your Mac, when it comes through use of software 

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes uninstaller
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 5:31 PM in response to _Jjfjjf

_Jjfjjf Said:

"Yahoo redirect on safari MacBook Air: My safari browser is bugged, keeps searching on yahoo instead of what I preferred, Google. Couldn't help bothering it and started using Google Chrome."

-------

MalwareBytes for Mac:

This is software that searches for malware/adware (malicious software). So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac. It is created by longtime users of these forums. So, that is why it is the only trustworthy and reliable way to go about securing your Mac, when it comes through use of software 

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes uninstaller

Yahoo redirect on safari MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.