Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod volume low

I have 3 sets of AirPods 2 of which have really low volume. I have tried cleaning as suggested in the discussions but still the volume is low. What else can I do to increase the volume

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 5:29 AM

Did you set a volume limitation on your iPhone? Check if you did by visiting this page here: Adjust the volume on iPhone. And turn it off by reversing the steps mentioned. This will probably allow you to play music through your AirPods at a higher volume.

5 replies

Jan 25, 2021 5:59 PM in response to Richie'G'

Hmmm, that does sound weird. If you cleaned them properly, it means that this shouldn't be a hardware problem of anything physically blocking the sound vents. And if there is no setting on your device that is limiting the volume, then this should be a non-hardware problem of the AirPods themselves.

Try resetting your AirPods. Resetting them can potentially fix some certain problems.

Sometimes, firmware updates may make minor changes to certain aspects of a pair of AirPods, so make sure all of your AirPods are up to date. Here are the steps to check and update the firmware of your AirPods: How to update the firmware on your AirPods (note: this is an external link to iMore, Apple Support doesn't have an official article about this). The newest update for 2nd-generation AirPods is 3A283, which introduces Automatic Device Switching. I don't know about 1st-gen. though, since I don't own one anymore.

AirPod volume low

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.