Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

latest update won't download

The latest update for my Mac won't download. This has been going on for awhile. It keeps telling me to check my internet but my internet and wi-fi are fine and working. I have Xfinity wi-fi and it is working fine and has been. I can't change that modem because that is their system and equipment and so I can't just arbitrarily go and use something different. What is happening?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 9:11 AM

I am sorry to hear you are having this problem. However, you have given us little useful information to use. What specifically is happening? Do you get a message? Using Wi-Fi could likely be the problem. It is never recommended for updates and upgrades as these files are too large and Wi-Fi is much slower than a wired Ethernet connection. Comcast's service is normally quite good and their modems work well. You can also reset their modem if it is having problems. Finally, you can visit the Comcast web site where they have a test and diagnostic link which is very food. Try it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 9:11 AM in response to libra119

I am sorry to hear you are having this problem. However, you have given us little useful information to use. What specifically is happening? Do you get a message? Using Wi-Fi could likely be the problem. It is never recommended for updates and upgrades as these files are too large and Wi-Fi is much slower than a wired Ethernet connection. Comcast's service is normally quite good and their modems work well. You can also reset their modem if it is having problems. Finally, you can visit the Comcast web site where they have a test and diagnostic link which is very food. Try it.

latest update won't download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.