Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health dropped from 100 to 95

I purchased iPhone 11 few months back, it had 100% battery health for first 7 months but within the 8th month it has dropped to 95.

drops are expected but so suddenly?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 6:43 AM

You are welcome

Those articles are either very old or not from Apple.

iPhones will learn your sleep pattern, charge to 80%, then stop til nearer your wake up time and finish up to full 100% ready for breakfast.

That is why fir most people, charge while you sleep is best

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 6:43 AM in response to Ritika_K

You are welcome

Those articles are either very old or not from Apple.

iPhones will learn your sleep pattern, charge to 80%, then stop til nearer your wake up time and finish up to full 100% ready for breakfast.

That is why fir most people, charge while you sleep is best

Jan 26, 2021 6:26 AM in response to LD150

Thank you! I was doing that itself.. charging overnight.. then I read many Apple articles that said to keep the charging between 40-80 only, not charge about it and charging above that might lead to degradation of battery health, that’s why I switched to it and I am experiencing issues!

Would return back to overnight charging in that case then!

thanks much both of you

Battery health dropped from 100 to 95

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.