Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared albums with multiple photos libraries

I have 2 different photos libraries. One of them contains the scanned slides and pictures from my childhood, my parents' childhoods, and other ancestor pictures. The other library, which is my system library, has the pictures taken since I was married. My question is if I can create a shared album in a non-system library photos library. For instance, could I create a shared album of the favorites pics from my childhood that I could then access from my devices. Or, can I only do that from the main system library?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 12:58 PM

This is what I saw when tried from a non system library.

So you would need to export the images you want to share, import them into your system library, and share them from there.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 26, 2021 10:52 AM in response to TonyCollinet

Thanks! As a follow-up, do you happen to know what happens if I delete the originals from the system library? The reason I don't have them in my system library is due to the library size being too large for iCloud photos, which I plan on turning on soon. So, I wouldn't want them to stay in my system library.

If you don't happen to know off hand, I can play around and see what happens if I create a shared album and then remove the original from my library.

Shared albums with multiple photos libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.