Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 mac mini displaly issues

I have an M1 Mac mini and am experiencing little pink and green rectangle artifacting on my display on boot up just on the boot menu and sometimes for a couple of minutes after booting, they don't go on top of other windows, like say I open Safari they disappear then when I exit it they will reappear until they just disappear on their own, that leads me to believe it is not a hardware issue and I read that Apple is aware of this issue on M1 Macs but I'm just wondering how many others experience this.

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 1:25 PM

I fixed the problem by buying a new Samsung 27 inch curved Full HD monitor and used the included 1 meter HDMI cable, absolutely no artifacting now, very relieved. I absolutely love the M1 Mac mini, it is a dang powerhouse of a computer.

Similar questions

9 replies

Jan 25, 2021 2:19 PM in response to hcsitas

I have read a lot of other people having the same issue on different sites and Apple said they are working on a display issue with all the new M1 Mac's, they stated the same problem I had, read that on a computer news site. It really doesn't seem to be hardware because if it was it wouldn't just appear on the login screen and for a couple minutes after booting but not appearing when you open apps and full screen them, even not appearing when its windowed. I'm hoping the issue gets fixed with 11.2.

M1 mac mini displaly issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.