Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting text mrssage on the phone icon on the face of my phone

On the face of my iPhone 6 there is a phone icon how can I tell when someone has sent me a text message I have to keep checking myself to see if I do have any messages on the phone icon can the messages show me that I have text messages without me checking every five minutes thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 2:32 PM

Text messages do not appear on the Phone icon, only missed calls (red bubble with a number).

Use the Messages app  to send and receive texts, photos, videos, and audio messages. You can also personalize your messages with animated effects, Memoji stickers, iMessage apps, and more.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 2:32 PM in response to carmelita194

Text messages do not appear on the Phone icon, only missed calls (red bubble with a number).

Use the Messages app  to send and receive texts, photos, videos, and audio messages. You can also personalize your messages with animated effects, Memoji stickers, iMessage apps, and more.

Getting text mrssage on the phone icon on the face of my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.