Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the phone number used to send and receive text messages on my iPad? The number that is there now is my husband’s cell and I am getting all of his text messages and text messages to my cell.

How do I change the phone number in settings used to send and receive text messages.

The number listed is my husband’s cell and I am getting all his sent and received text messages and mine, too.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 5:16 PM

If you’re using his AppleID then only his iPhone number will show there. You must have an iPhone to pair with an iPad in order to use a telephone number with messaging on the iPad. And both the iPad and iPhone must be using the same AppleID.

If you’re sharing an AppleID with you’re husband, you should stop doing that and get your own AppleID. Sharing one will cause trouble, and this issue would only be the tip of the iceberg.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 5:16 PM in response to jackkaye

If you’re using his AppleID then only his iPhone number will show there. You must have an iPhone to pair with an iPad in order to use a telephone number with messaging on the iPad. And both the iPad and iPhone must be using the same AppleID.

If you’re sharing an AppleID with you’re husband, you should stop doing that and get your own AppleID. Sharing one will cause trouble, and this issue would only be the tip of the iceberg.

How do I change the phone number used to send and receive text messages on my iPad? The number that is there now is my husband’s cell and I am getting all of his text messages and text messages to my cell.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.