Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

InDesign Crashing Waves on Big Sur

InDesign continually freezing up and crashing Big Sur on this new Macbook Pro 13" A1 Chip. This is happening frequently, probably once every 1-2 hours while working in InDesign. Everything is up-to-date as of this post, macOS Big Sur 11.1 and Adobe InDesign 16.02. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 1:47 PM

Yes. For me, solving this was simply a matter of turning off hardware acceleration / GPU Performance.

In InDesign 2021, go to Preferences > GPU Performance > Uncheck GPU Performance

(This also solved problems in other apps with my A1 processor including Sketchup and AutoCAD.)

Hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 1:47 PM in response to Reason1234

Yes. For me, solving this was simply a matter of turning off hardware acceleration / GPU Performance.

In InDesign 2021, go to Preferences > GPU Performance > Uncheck GPU Performance

(This also solved problems in other apps with my A1 processor including Sketchup and AutoCAD.)

Hope this helps.

Feb 13, 2021 12:57 PM in response to oxhip

I have this annoying issue too! For me, this seems to happen much more frequently, about every 20 seconds my InDesign freezes up but not only that it freezes up my entire laptop! I can't seem to do anything, even change the volume or brightness of the laptop. I've read a lot about fonts having some impact with freezing or slowing down the software, but I've done everything I can to the point of disabling every font I have to just bare-bones and it's still not helped.

InDesign Crashing Waves on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.