Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Son's ipad

My son has changed the passcode, forgot it and is now locked out of his ipad. It's linked to my (father's) account so curious if I can reset his ipad passcode from my icloud.

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 6:12 PM

Unfortunately, if you forgot the password of your iPad, you will need a Mac to restore the iPad directly with iTunes/Finder. You cannot use your Apple ID to reset the password if you are unable to access the device. Here are the steps to doing this: If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 6:12 PM in response to pwh937

Unfortunately, if you forgot the password of your iPad, you will need a Mac to restore the iPad directly with iTunes/Finder. You cannot use your Apple ID to reset the password if you are unable to access the device. Here are the steps to doing this: If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled

Son's ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.