Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove “From My Mac” album from Photos

Hi,

I synced an album from my Mac to my iPhone and am now trying to delete it, not able to do it via the Photos app either on my iPhone or the Mac as far as I can see and cannot delete them individually either ..

Is there a way to remove synced albums? Previous answers I’ve found are from outdated Mac versions that no longer apply.

Thank you

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 1:39 AM

If you are seeing "From My Mac", the albums have been synced without using iCloud, directly from a computer. These albums are not really a part of the Photos Library on your iPhone; they are stored separately, and you can view them on the iPhone, but not delete them. To get rid of them, sync again with your computer, but use the "selected albums" option when syncing again and exclude the albums you want to remove from the selection.

Or use brute force. If you temporarily turn on iCloud Photos on the iPhone, all synced photos and albums will be immediately deleted, because the manual syncing is not compatible with iCloud Photos. Turn iCloud Photos again off, before all your photos will be uploaded to iCloud, if you do not want to use iCloud Photos on your iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 1:39 AM in response to jmsharples

If you are seeing "From My Mac", the albums have been synced without using iCloud, directly from a computer. These albums are not really a part of the Photos Library on your iPhone; they are stored separately, and you can view them on the iPhone, but not delete them. To get rid of them, sync again with your computer, but use the "selected albums" option when syncing again and exclude the albums you want to remove from the selection.

Or use brute force. If you temporarily turn on iCloud Photos on the iPhone, all synced photos and albums will be immediately deleted, because the manual syncing is not compatible with iCloud Photos. Turn iCloud Photos again off, before all your photos will be uploaded to iCloud, if you do not want to use iCloud Photos on your iPhone.

How to remove “From My Mac” album from Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.