Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac goes in stop when works in battery

After Bug Sur, when I use my MacBook Pro 15 in battery, if there are applications that require energy, Mac goes in stop with the indication to charge battery (black screen with battery low indication) also if the battery is charged. Tried smc/nvram reset

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 11:53 PM

I don't know what support did. They disable from start up menu apps that required much energy, that disable spotlight, repair permission via command line (terminal) and re-enable spotlight. It seems that when battery was under 50% and there was something requiring high energy, Mac protect itself going to stop. For the moment it works.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2021 11:53 PM in response to MoonJ.

I don't know what support did. They disable from start up menu apps that required much energy, that disable spotlight, repair permission via command line (terminal) and re-enable spotlight. It seems that when battery was under 50% and there was something requiring high energy, Mac protect itself going to stop. For the moment it works.

Jan 29, 2021 9:18 AM in response to maucamo

Hello maucamo,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. If we're understanding correctly, your Mac is displaying a blank screen while it's powered on. We can help point you in the right direction.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to follow the steps outlined in this helpful article: If your Mac starts up to a blank screen

In addition, we suggest to restart your Mac in safe mode. This helps to perform a basic check of your startup disk, deletes some system caches and more. Here's an article with more information and the proper steps to take: How to use safe mode on your Mac Once you're in safe mode, please restart your Mac as normal and see if you continue to experience the same behavior.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Kind regards.

Feb 9, 2021 2:31 PM in response to maucamo

maucamo,

Thanks for getting back to us and for providing that information. Sounds like Apple Support advised for you to repair the storage disk by using Disk Utility on your Mac: Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac Can you provide us the results of using Disk Utility to repair the storage device? Did it help resolve the issue you were experiencing?

Also, if you haven't tried yet, were you able to restart your Mac in safe mode? This is a great step that can also help resolve the issue you're experiencing: How to use safe mode on your Mac

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Kind regards.

Feb 8, 2021 11:19 AM in response to MoonJ.

Hallo, no blank screen. In battery it starts. When I log on after a few minutes it goes in stop mode and it display black screen with the indication of low battery and it needs to connect to the power. But the battery is charged!. I notice that happens when battery is below 50-60% and if I see on battery icon, there are some applications that require more energy. One of these is spotlight. Apple support tried to repair permission and now I am trying if that help.

Mac goes in stop when works in battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.