Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trusted Apple ID number

How do I change my trusted phone number if I don’t know the trusted phone number?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 8:43 AM

You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage    

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 8:43 AM in response to Megavore

You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage    

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

Trusted Apple ID number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.