Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 10 export to EPUB

Since yesterday when exporting from Pages 10 to EPUB the result is

“RCP” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin.

I've tried the info suggestions but nothing works. Please let me know what to do next.

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 6:15 AM

Start over. Move the damaged RCP EPUB to the Trash, or at least out of the way, save and close the current Pages document, and quit Pages. Reopen the source Pages document and attempt to generate the EPUB again, even with a different name. Does it succeed, or are there Pages warnings showing during the export to EPUB? Was this originally an iBooks Author document that you opened in Pages v10.1 or later?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 6:15 AM in response to Jeff Reeves

Start over. Move the damaged RCP EPUB to the Trash, or at least out of the way, save and close the current Pages document, and quit Pages. Reopen the source Pages document and attempt to generate the EPUB again, even with a different name. Does it succeed, or are there Pages warnings showing during the export to EPUB? Was this originally an iBooks Author document that you opened in Pages v10.1 or later?

Jan 27, 2021 9:26 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks again Viking - I think I did more or less what you said and I am now back to normal. There were no Pages warning during the export to EPUB but the failure message occurred when attempting to open the EPUB file generated. The same thing happened with export to PDF. I am now working entirely with Pages 10.3.9 - I stopped using iBooks Author over a year ago.

On the subject of thumbnail activation while viewing the EPUB book we discussed some weeks ago I have now checked the RCP book on my wife's new iPad with iPadOS14 and there appear to be no Settings options to control the use of thumbnails. My books never need thumbnails as I provide navigation using page hyperlinks. I know I have to leave the top strip of the screen to Apple but I would like to be able to use all of the rest of the screen for my page and web hyperlinks. I would say this is what EPUB is all about.

Pages 10 export to EPUB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.