Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 back cracked

My iPhone 12 is less than two months old. It’s been in an Apple MagSafe case the entire time I’ve owned it. I noticed today that the back of the phone is cracked—a big crack. It hasn’t been dropped or experienced any other kind of accident that I know of. I know accidental damage isn’t covered under the warranty, but this shouldn’t have happened under normal use. I wouldn’t consider it an accident. Any hope in having Apple fix this?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 10:03 AM

Highly unlikely. There are thousands of reasons it could have cracked. It doesn’t necessarily take a catastrophic drop to cause a crack yet still fall under an accident. You can take it to Apple or one of their authorized repair facilities to inspect it and go from there. But realistically...don’t be surprised if they won’t repair it for free. Note that any case you put it in...regardless of any claims of protection they offer will always buried in their terms and conditions say that they are not responsible for damages to your device UNLESS they offer an extra perk of insurance for such things...and most cases do not do that.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 10:03 AM in response to holli149

Highly unlikely. There are thousands of reasons it could have cracked. It doesn’t necessarily take a catastrophic drop to cause a crack yet still fall under an accident. You can take it to Apple or one of their authorized repair facilities to inspect it and go from there. But realistically...don’t be surprised if they won’t repair it for free. Note that any case you put it in...regardless of any claims of protection they offer will always buried in their terms and conditions say that they are not responsible for damages to your device UNLESS they offer an extra perk of insurance for such things...and most cases do not do that.

iPhone 12 back cracked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.