Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LaCie Mobile Drive 1TB External Hard Drive HDD – Moon Silver USB-C USB 3.0 Thunderbolt 3, for Mac and PC Computer Desktop Workstation Laptop (STHG1000400)- will this work with 2017 MacBook pro 15

LaCie Mobile Drive 1TB External Hard Drive HDD – Moon Silver USB-C USB 3.0 Thunderbolt 3, for Mac -

will this mobile hard drive work with my 2017 MacBook pro 15" version 10.15.7

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 9:14 AM

Hello suefromvictoria.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want to know if you can use the LaCie external hard drive with your MacBook Pro. We’re happy to point you in the right direction.

The LaCie Mobile Drive should work with your MacBook Pro. Here’s more information on it: LaCie Mobile Drive - USB-C External Hard Drive | LaCie US

You mentioned you're running macOS Catalina on your MacBook Pro, too. Because of that, we would also recommend reading over this support page which discusses using LaCie hardware and software with macOS Catalina: Compatibility with macOS 10.15 - Catalina | LaCie Support US

If you have further questions, please contact LaCie directly by selecting your region here: Contact | LaCie US

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 9:14 AM in response to suefromvictoria

Hello suefromvictoria.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you want to know if you can use the LaCie external hard drive with your MacBook Pro. We’re happy to point you in the right direction.

The LaCie Mobile Drive should work with your MacBook Pro. Here’s more information on it: LaCie Mobile Drive - USB-C External Hard Drive | LaCie US

You mentioned you're running macOS Catalina on your MacBook Pro, too. Because of that, we would also recommend reading over this support page which discusses using LaCie hardware and software with macOS Catalina: Compatibility with macOS 10.15 - Catalina | LaCie Support US

If you have further questions, please contact LaCie directly by selecting your region here: Contact | LaCie US

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Jan 28, 2021 10:33 AM in response to green500

Thanks for your reply. I ended up speaking to an Apple representative who said the LaCie mobile drive would work fine with my

MBP. I purchased the drive to do a back up before I upgrade to Big Sur. It seemed to work okay, but it did take an hour

to back up 194 gb. Do you know if that's a normal amount of time for 194 gb? Also, can you tell me if it'll be good to use with

the Big Sur upgrade? I did read the article you included, but am not that computer savvy; so would appreciate your confirmation on that. Thanks for your help.

LaCie Mobile Drive 1TB External Hard Drive HDD – Moon Silver USB-C USB 3.0 Thunderbolt 3, for Mac and PC Computer Desktop Workstation Laptop (STHG1000400)- will this work with 2017 MacBook pro 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.