Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning Massage with disk images couldn't be opened

I have tried to update my iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) form OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 to High Sierra 10.13.6. When I have downloaded OS and then tried to click the macOSUpd10.13.6.dmg file, there was Warning Massage appeared with "The following disk images couldn't be opened" and the reason say "corrupt image". I have many times re-download and try to open the file, but still same failed with couldn't opened. please help it.

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 4:57 PM

Imac256 wrote:

When I have downloaded OS and then tried to click the macOSUpd10.13.6.dmg file, there was Warning Massage appeared with "The following disk images couldn't be opened" and the reason say "corrupt image".

That file can't be run anyway. It is an update file and can only be run on some earlier version of High Sierra, i.e. High Sierra must be installed before it can be run.

See if you can get there via this Apple document: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 4:57 PM in response to Imac256

Imac256 wrote:

When I have downloaded OS and then tried to click the macOSUpd10.13.6.dmg file, there was Warning Massage appeared with "The following disk images couldn't be opened" and the reason say "corrupt image".

That file can't be run anyway. It is an update file and can only be run on some earlier version of High Sierra, i.e. High Sierra must be installed before it can be run.

See if you can get there via this Apple document: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Warning Massage with disk images couldn't be opened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.