Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I cancel the 50gb plan I signed up for. will I be able to keep the 50 gb that I was paying for monthly?

Will I still have a 50 gb storage if I cancel my subscription after paying for many months now? or will it go back to the usual storage of 5gb?

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 6:26 PM

No. It requires a monthly subscription. It is similar to renting physical storage space or renting an apartment. You have the storage only while you continue to pay. Also see the following from Downgrade or cancel your iCloud storage plan - Apple Support

What happens when you downgrade your storage plan

If your iCloud storage exceeds your new storage plan capacity, iCloud won't sync or update your information. iCloud updates again when you increase your storage capacity or delete information to make more space. 

If you downgrade or cancel your plan, the storage change takes effect after your current subscription billing period ends.* If you downgrade to the free iCloud Storage plan, you'll have 5GB of storage.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 6:26 PM in response to chary256

No. It requires a monthly subscription. It is similar to renting physical storage space or renting an apartment. You have the storage only while you continue to pay. Also see the following from Downgrade or cancel your iCloud storage plan - Apple Support

What happens when you downgrade your storage plan

If your iCloud storage exceeds your new storage plan capacity, iCloud won't sync or update your information. iCloud updates again when you increase your storage capacity or delete information to make more space. 

If you downgrade or cancel your plan, the storage change takes effect after your current subscription billing period ends.* If you downgrade to the free iCloud Storage plan, you'll have 5GB of storage.

if I cancel the 50gb plan I signed up for. will I be able to keep the 50 gb that I was paying for monthly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.