Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app stopped tracking resting energy

I’ve been wearing a series 5 Apple Watch for almost a year, it’s paired with my iPhone 11. The whole time I’ve had the watch, I charge it overnight. The entire time I’ve had it, the health app has entered estimated resting energy even when I don’t have the watch on (based off my age and weight).

Today I noticed that my total calorie burn was substantially lower than it should have been, like 600 calories lower. I found that odd and couldn’t figure why out at first.

Then I noticed in the health app that in the resting energy section that it did not record any resting energy for the 8 hours I didn’t have the watch on overnight. Looking back through my history this is the only time my phone hasn’t captured that data. I tried entering it manually but even with that it doesn’t add it to my total calorie burn in the fitness app.

Tried restarting my phone and the watch but still isn’t tracking testing energy with my watch off.

Is there a setting I need to reset?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 3:04 PM

Hi 1983Buckeye,

It sounds like you're having trouble with activity tracking on your Apple Watch and we want to help.

Follow the steps here to make sure you're getting the most accurate measurements:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

If that doesn't solve the issue, try unpairing and pairing your Apple Watch:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 3:04 PM in response to 1983Buckeye

Hi 1983Buckeye,

It sounds like you're having trouble with activity tracking on your Apple Watch and we want to help.

Follow the steps here to make sure you're getting the most accurate measurements:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch

If that doesn't solve the issue, try unpairing and pairing your Apple Watch:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Health app stopped tracking resting energy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.