Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Closed apps shadow in the screen background

I bought a Brand New MacBook Air M1 25/01/2020. while I was using the laptop I saw a closed program shadow in my login screen. This problem is not always .... I have been using the computer since today morning but there was no problem ... I saw the problem when I changed the desktop background picture. I tried some black pictures and then I noted this issue. there was no issue when I shutdown the laptop for a while and start it . but after using it for a while, I saw this problem again. What can I do for this? Can I replace a laptop ?(I have a Warranty). Is this a software issue or display issue?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 5:48 PM

Howdy chirath1995, 

It's great to have you in the Apple Support Community. We understand that you’re running into image retention on your display. We can help.

Based on your description, we recommend this article: Avoiding image persistence on Apple displays

It’ll provide additional info about this, how to avoid it and how to fix it. 

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 5:48 PM in response to chirath1995

Howdy chirath1995, 

It's great to have you in the Apple Support Community. We understand that you’re running into image retention on your display. We can help.

Based on your description, we recommend this article: Avoiding image persistence on Apple displays

It’ll provide additional info about this, how to avoid it and how to fix it. 

Cheers!

Closed apps shadow in the screen background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.