Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move from High Sierra to Mojave ?

I have a 2013 MacBrookPro, running High Sierra 10.13.6 with 16GB memory with a KINGSTON SUV500480G Media hard drive.

The MacBook is solely used for home use/recreation, no work, no gaming or heavy graphics and I certainly don't use it to anywhere near what it is capable of (I find a paper clip technically challenging !)

High Sierra is now somewhat dated as an OS and I was wondering if it might be a good idea/time to upgrade to Mojave ? I have never been one to jump onto the latest OS from Apple, always thinking that waiting allowed bugs to be ironed out and the OS tweaked so it is OK.

So, is upgrading to Mojave a good idea ?

Comments appreciated.

Thanks

Brian.

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 2:20 AM

See this article: Upgrading macOS without fear - Apple Community

4 replies

Jan 27, 2021 2:44 AM in response to JBL47

Due diligence is always needed. With each newer version of macOS ( High Sierra to Mojave ) there are some risks that can be managed to minimize any failure and provide an exit plan. A good Time Machine Back up just before the upgrade, two TESTED Bootable Clones each to separate external drives - insurance incase.

Good luck on whatever path is chosen.

Move from High Sierra to Mojave ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.