Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

combine large number of pdfs

What happened to Preview?? Apple completely ruined it. If I want to combine hundreds of single pages into one pdf, I used to be able to just open them automatically in one window, all the thumbnails appeared down the side, I could sort them by filename to make sure the pages were ordered correctly, then print the lot to a single pdf. Now I have to open every single page separately and manually tell each one (of hundreds) to view thumbnails, then manually drag the thumbnail into position??? I’m not going to be doing that. Preview was the one thing that kept me from switching to windows! Please tell me there's a way to either roll back to a previous version of Preview or OS, or a setting I can change to get back the old way of combining pdfs!

(High Sierra 10.13.6 and cannot update further as it's an old machine)

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 11:40 AM

I've found a solution! If I open just the first pdf, set it to view thumbnails, then drag the pdf files into the sidebar, they open in the sidebar as thumbnails instead of in tabs. Then I can print them to a single pdf! yay!

Similar questions

3 replies

combine large number of pdfs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.